Your MFA options are:
Microsoft Authenticator app
To use this method, you must set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on a mobile phone. You will also need to log in to GovTEAMS on a different device (not your mobile phone) to complete this process. The following steps will refer to that device as ‘computer’.
- Download the app for android or iOS on your mobile phone.
- Open the app and tap the + (plus) icon, located at the top right of the screen.
- Select Work or school account and allow the app to send you notifications and to access your camera.
- On your computer, follow through the screens explaining the app download process and select Next.
- A QR code will appear on your computer screen; use your mobile phone to scan the QR code.
- Click Next on your computer. Take note of the number displayed on your computer.
- A test notification will be sent to your phone. Enter the number displayed on your computer in Step 6 and tap Yes.
- Select Next on your computer screen.
- You will then be asked to enter a phone number as an additional MFA option. You can enter a mobile phone number if you prefer a text, or choose between a mobile phone or landline number if you prefer a call.
- Select your area code from the drop down (e.g. Australia +61), enter your preferred phone number, select Text me a code or Call me and Next. This will prompt a test call or text, depending on the option you choose.
For texts: Enter the code sent to your phone, select Next, then Next again and lastly Done.
For calls: Answer the call and follow the instructions to enter a hash (#) key.
- A ‘more information’ screen will show, select Next, then Done. When the ‘stay signed in screen’ shows, select Yes.
Phone authentication (call or text)
To use this method, you can use a mobile phone number if you prefer a text, or choose between a mobile phone or landline number if you prefer a call.
Select your country or region (e.g. Australia +61) and enter your preferred phone number.
Select the method:
- Send me a code by text message (mobile phone)
- Enter the code supplied.
- Select Verify and Done.
- Call me (mobile phone or landline number)
- An automated service will call you and ask you to press the hash (#) key.
- Select Done.
- You will then be taken to the security information screen where you can set an additional authentication method.
Note: We recommend setting up more than one MFA option to give yourself some flexibility when logging in to GovTEAMS, and to avoid relying on just one form of MFA. This will allow you to choose an alternative MFA method if you can’t access your preferred option, (e.g. your mobile phone isn’t working or you’re away from your landline).
- Select Add method and select your preferred alternative option.
- Complete the required details, select Next and complete the verification.
- Select Done.