- Share critical information - securely across the PROTECTED community.
- Share across organisations - communicating PROTECTED information to cleared personnel in states and territories, where appropriate.
- Connect workforces - access centrally located PROTECTED information from different organisations and locations, enabling security-cleared, independent resources to work together in real time from anywhere.
- Create teams quickly – teams can be quickly formed and deployed, with information accessible to all local, national, and international team members.
- Access research and design with external providers – seamless collaboration between security-cleared personnel in industry, universities and government, to assist in understanding emerging technologies and co-developing solutions.
Features designed to help you
Designed to be secure and easy to use, GovTEAMS PROTECTED features:
- Quick community creation (in less than an hour) – bring teams together online, from across disparate locations.
- Online meeting (large or small, audio and video) – perfect for times when physically meeting in groups isn’t possible or desirable.
- Real time document collaboration – work on documents together in real time, while separated by distance.
- Access to commonly used Microsoft Office 365 tools online (Words, Excel and PowerPoint). Office 365 desktop and mobile apps give you the flexibility to work and stay connected from anywhere
Secure and trusted environment – share and access information rated up to PROTECTED.
How is it different to GovTEAMS OFFICIAL?
GovTEAMS PROTECTED has an enhanced security profile, to enable secure collaboration up to the PROTECTED classification.
Security enhancements have been made to comply with Australian Government Information Security Management Standards for PROTECTED, which include:
- Registration – all member’s clearances are verified. Users must have a minimum of a baseline clearance to access the system (or an agreement/arrangement in line with the PSPF and acceptable to the Department of Finance).
- Log in – conditional access has been enabled, with access limited to trusted PROTECTED networks and compliant iOS devices
- Community types – hidden or private
- External access – limited to security-cleared, invited members with restricted access
- Application - strengthened security controls