Before you start – make sure you have access to your work email and your mobile device (this is usually your mobile phone). You'll need these to verify your details for registration. Registration takes about 5-10 minutes and must be completed in one go (do not abandon it midway through or you may not be able to access the system).
Step 1: Confirm your email address
- Go to www.govteams.gov.au/register.
- Take a look at the information on this page as it will help you understand the steps of registration. When you are ready, select Register now.
- Enter your work email address, tick the box I’m not a robot, and complete the task assigned (such as ‘select all the images with…’).
- Select Submit – a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you don’t receive the email, check your junk or spam folders.
- In the confirmation email, select Confirm email address OR copy and paste the link into your internet browser.
Step 2: Set up your account
- Read and accept the terms and conditions. Select, Next.
- Enter your details in the form, select Review and if the information is correct tick the box ‘I acknowledge the details are correct’ and click create account.
- You will be sent an email with your GovTEAMS OFFICIAL username ending in @govteams.gov.au. When you have this, select Go.
Step 3: Log in
- You should now be taken to the GovTEAMS OFFICIAL sign on page. If not, please visit https://users.govteams.gov.au/.
- Choose an option:
- If this is your first Microsoft account, please sign in using your new username –firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the password you used to create your account.
- If you have multiple Microsoft accounts, select Use another account and then sign in using your new username –email@example.com and enter the password you used to create your account.
- A ‘More information required’ screen will show, select Next.
Step 4: Set up your multi-factor authentication (MFA) options
To complete your registration, you need to set up your multi-factor authentication (MFA) options. You’ll need a mobile/landline phone or the Microsoft Authenticator app on your device.
You will be asked to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you don't want to download the app, select ‘I want to use a different method’.
We recommend you set up multiple MFA options. For more information, such as how to set up, add, change and remove MFA options please visit the MFA page.