Set up two-factor authentication
You’ll need a phone or the Microsoft authentication app on your device. The additional security verification is mandatory for all members and guests - it adds a layer of protection to the entire GovTEAMS service.
Select one of the contact options:
- Authentication phone
- Mobile app
You can use your personal or work phone number.
To use this verification method, you must have access to a phone that can receive calls or text messages.
- Select your country or region e.g. Australia (+61) and enter the phone number
- Select the method:
- Send me a code by text message (if using your mobile phone)
- Enter the code supplied
- Click verify
- Click done
- Call me
- An automated service will call you and ask you to press the pound (#) key.
- Click done
To use this verification method, you must set up the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Receive notifications for verification (tap Approve or Deny).
- User verification code (open app to view the verification code)
- Click setup - A configure mobile app screen shows. Follow the instructions listed on the screen for setting up the mobile application verification.
- Click next .
Verify your account
To make sure you can reset your password, Microsoft needs to collect some information.
- Next to authentication phone is set up to +61 XXX click verify.
- Verify the authentication phone number shown by choosing an option:
- Text me - To receive a text to the mobile number listed.
- Call me - To receive an automated call to verify the number supplied.
- Enter the code provided, click verify and then click finish.