Set up multi-factor authentication
You’ll need a phone or the Microsoft authentication app on your device. The additional security verification is mandatory for all members and guests - it adds a layer of protection to the entire GovTEAMS service.
You will be asked to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you don't want to download the app click I want to use a different method.
We recommend you use the Microsoft Authenticator app on your personal phone or work issued mobile phone in case you're working away from your desk and need to log in to GovTEAMS.
To use this verification method, you must set up the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Download the app for android or iOS.
- Click the + (plus) icon in the app.
- Select work or school account.
- On your computer, click next.
- A QR code will appear on your computer screen, use your phone to scan the QR code.
- A notification will appear on your phone, click approve.
To use this verification method, you must have access to a phone that can receive calls or text messages.
- Select your country or region e.g. Australia (+61) and enter the phone number
- Select the method:
- Send me a code by text message (if using your mobile phone)
- Enter the code supplied
- Click verify
- Click done
- Call me
- An automated service will call you and ask you to press the pound (#) key.
- Click done
Verify your account
To make sure you can reset your password, Microsoft needs to get you to complete the multi-factor authentication process you just set up.
You will then be taken to the security info screen where you can set an additional authentication method. We recommend you do this in case you lose access to the phone you used to setup the preferred authentication method.
- Click add method.
- Select your preferred alternative option.
- Complete the required details and click next.
- Using the alternative option you selected complete the verification.
- Click done.