Has your account been compromised?
- Noticed unexpected activity on your account
- Seen unintended Direct Messages sent from your account
- Observed other account behaviours you didn't make or approve
- Received a notification from us stating that your account may be compromised
- Received a notification from us stating that your account information has changed, and you didn't change it
- Noticed your password is no longer working and you are being prompted to reset it
If you've answered yes to any of the above, please take the following steps:
- Change your password
- Make sure your email address is secure.
- Report a security incident
How do accounts become compromised? (Did somebody hack me?)
Accounts may become compromised if you've entrusted your username and password to a malicious third-party application or website, if your account is vulnerable due to a weak password, if viruses or malware on your computer are collecting passwords, or if you're on a compromised network.
It's best to take action as soon as possible.