Who can register for GovTEAMS?
- Commonwealth Government employees* can register as a member. As a member, you can access all available features. You can also be a community owner and invite other members and guests to your community.
- State government employees can register as a guest. You’ll be added to the demonstration community to try out GovTEAMS, at no cost. Community owners can invite you to their communities. As a guest, you can only access features in the community you’re invited to.
- State government employees can buy a state owner account for $350 per user per annum (at least two licensed owners are needed to create a community). As an owner, you can access all available features. You’ll be able to create unlimited communities and invite other members or guests for free.
If you’re a local government or private sector employee, you can only be invited to access a community as a guest. As a guest, you’ll be able to take part in the community you have been invited to join. You can’t create communities or invite or remove members.
*Does not include Government Business Enterprise employees.
Who can register for PROTECTED GovTEAMS?
Organisations need to be registered and setup before their staff can join. Contact your IT area to find out if you can register.
- Commonwealth Government employees can register as a full access member. As a full access member, you can access all available features. You can also be a community owner and invite other members and external members to your community.
- State/local government employees and private sector employees can only register once a full access member has invited them. As an external member, you can only access limited or restricted features in the community you’re invited to.
The additional licensing, security measures and support required for PROTECTED GovTEAMS means that the overall system costs will be higher than GovTEAMS OFFICIAL:Sensitive. Registration for PROTECTED GovTEAMS, for both members and external members, will incur a cost to your organisation. This will ensure we can continue to maintain and improve the service, based on your input and feedback. For external members, an Organisation Administrator will need to accept these charges before access is granted.