What is GovTEAMS?
GovTEAMS is a digital collaboration service built for government. It brings together all the tools you need in one place to connect, share and work together across organisations. It is powered by Office 365 tools.
- GovTEAMS support site – find support and resources you need.
- Your GovTEAMS dashboard – access tools, communities, members and files.
- Microsoft Teams – meet, chat and co-author files in real-time.
- SharePoint – share, structure and find information.
- Office 365 apps – bring together Office 365 apps in one place.
Your online workspace
- Access all the tools you need in one place
- Create communities and bring your team together
- Promote activities, build a network or start a project
GovTEAMS is built around the concept of community. It gives you the choice of how much information you want to share with open, closed or hidden community types.
Get your team on-board by inviting them into your community to collaborate and share ideas!
Tools to make your job easier
- Microsoft Teams – Meet, chat and co-author files in real-time
- SharePoint – Share, structure and find information
- Office 365 apps – work on the go with the tools you know
Now you can stay productive from wherever you are located. Office 365 mobile apps give you the flexibility to work and stay connected from anywhere. Access the tools you know, like Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to edit files for your team to see at any time.
Work and collaborate across government and beyond! Start a chat, meet and co-author files with Microsoft Teams. Use SharePoint to post news and publish updates.
Trusted and secure
- Your privacy and security is our priority
- It’s secure and compliant with government standards
- Classified to OFFICIAL: Sensitive
We’ve designed GovTEAMS with multiple layers of protection. It’s secure and compliant with government standards, hosted on Microsoft Azure and Office 365 - certified by the Australian Signal Directorate. GovTEAMS is IRAP assessed and accredited to Official: Sensitive classification.
You can add a layer of protection by setting up two-factor authentication. Access your work securely from desktop, web and mobile.
Your personal profile
- Discover communities based on your information
- Promote your skills and help employers find you
- Connect with likeminded people and grow your network
Your profile will promote your skills across government and will stay with you. Best of all, the information in your profile will connect you with communities of interest. It will allow you to discover likeminded people, who understand your work.
Your account type determines the access you have to the GovTEAMS service:
- Full access member accounts are created for APS employees*. These accounts are allocated an Office 365 license, allowing them to access all Office 365 apps. Full access members can discover other communities, members and files, as well as create communities.
- Guest accounts are created for state government, local government and private sector employees. These accounts are not allocated an Office 365 license but can still access most Office 365 apps. Guests can only participate in (and collaborate with other members of) communities they have been invited to join.
*If you’re a contractor with an Australian Public Service email address you can also register as a full access member.
Your role determines your access and responsibilities within a particular community.
🚩 Owners create and maintain GovTEAMS communities. They can invite or remove members, set community permissions and moderate content. Only full access members can become owners of a community.
👥 Members participate in GovTEAMS communities. Depending on the permissions set by community owners, members can post in a channel, edit documents and join an online meeting. Full access members or guests can participate as members of a community.