You are here
Terms and Conditions
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia, represented by the Department of Finance.
GovTEAMS is managed by the Department of Finance (Finance) and is an UNCLASSIFIED (DLM) accredited system. GovTEAMS is suitable for holding unclassified official information not intended for public release, including unclassified DLM-marked information, i.e. For Official use Only (FOUO), Sensitive, Sensitive: Legal or Sensitive: Personal. Classified information must not be held on the GovTEAMS website.
Agencies (via their community administrators) are responsible for ensuring that information published in their communities is labelled and handled in accordance with the Australian Government’s Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and does not exceed the security rating of GovTEAMS.
You agree to use the GovTEAMS website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the GovTEAMS website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the GovTEAMS website.
You must not post or transmit via the GovTEAMS website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
Your use of the GovTEAMS website does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to You by any Agency;
- reduce any obligation You owe to any Agency.
You must be aware of and abide by the following Acceptable Use conditions for community members and administrators.
All community members (including administrators)
- You must keep your GovTEAMS username and password secure at all times.
- You must not permit any other person to use your username and password.
- You must use your individual work email address when creating your GovTEAMS account. (Group email addresses do not meet the two requirements listed above) and
- You must treat UNCLASSIFIED:DLM material accordingly.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your community has a minimum of two government administrators.
- You are responsible for the management of users and content in any community you are an administrator for.
- You are responsible for requesting a new, or amending an existing, community.
- You are responsible for the site management, monitoring, reviewing, archiving and decommissioning of your community.
- You are responsible for record keeping and ensuring that documents and relevant content are maintained in your agency’s records management system.
- You are responsible for maintaining an up-to-date backup of your site for recovery from accidental deletion by you or your community members.
- You are responsible for storing community member details (name, email address, telephone numbers or other information) gained from applications to join your community, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- You are responsible for informing and assisting new members when they are provided with access to the community.
- You are responsible for cancelling the registration of any member who, in your reasonable opinion, has failed to observe or is otherwise acting in a manner inconsistent with the terms of Lawful Purposes of GovTEAMS.
- If the community uses GovTEAMS for UNCLASSIFIED:DLM material, you should remind members of their obligations in respect of protecting their password and in the treatment of such material.
The development and management of GovTEAMS is coordinated by Finance. GovTEAMS is hosted behind a secure Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) certified gateway connection and is accredited to hold material with a protective marking up to and including UNCLASSIFIED:DLM.
For further information on the Australian Government security classification system, please read the following advice for Protectively marking and handling sensitive and security classified information.
For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy statement.
In order to participate in and contribute to GovTEAMS you will be required to register and provide an email address. In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, we will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other agency:
- To provide you with a service you have requested; or
- As authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding the use of the GovTEAMS website.