You are here
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an important security tool in keeping your account safe. MFA requires you to authenticate using something you know (such as a password) and something you have (such as a code that is sent to your Mobile phone). MFA is set up during the registration process and is mandatory.
The second factor can be a code sent by text message to your phone, a call to your phone, a code generated by the authenticator phone application (app), or a push notification sent to your phone by the app.
How to change your multi-factor authentication (MFA) option?
You can change the way you receive your multi-factor authentication if you want another way to verify your login.
To change your multi-factor authentication option, follow the steps below:
- Login to GovTEAMS
- Click on your name at the top right hand corner of the screen
- Click Change Multi-Factor Authentication option
- You will get directed to a new screen which will show all your current MFA options. Your phone will most likely be the only one selected (as per your initial registration)
- At this stage you may wish to select a different option, but we suggest using the Authenticator app
- Tick Authenticator app and click configure
- Follow the instructions to link the Authenticator app to your GovTEAMS account on the next screen (downloading the app will allow you to have a push notification sent to your phone, which is recommended so that you can single touch to verify your login)
- Once you have completed the steps and your GovTEAMS account has been added to the app, click next
- The system will then check that you have completed the activation successfully, and if you have it should say "Mobile app has been configured." next to the Configure button.
- Click the drop-down under "what's your preferred option?" and select one of the following:
- Notify me through the app (recommended option) - You will receive a push notification from the app requesting you to approve your login to GovTEAMS
- Use verification code from the app - You will need to manually type the verification code from the app when you login to GovTEAMS
- Click save and verify the preferred option
- Follow the remaining instructions to complete the change
You have now successfully changed your multi-factor authenticator option.
Can I turn off multi-factor authentication?
No, you cannot turn off MFA but you are able to temporarily disable it (skip authentication) for 7 days.
After you login to GovTEAMS you will be presented with a screen with a checkbox which allows you to disable/skip the multi-factor authentication for 7 days.