You are here
The community types in GovTEAMS are:
- Open - easily discoverable, GovTEAMS members can search, join and collaborate in open communities at any time.
- Closed - easily discoverable, however members must request to join or be invited to join closed communities. The request will then need to be approved by the community owner.
- Hidden - not discoverable by anyone. Members must be invited to join hidden communities.
Guests have to be invited to access all communities, regardless of the type.
Changing community types
Only community owners can change the type of their own community. See below for the steps involved in changing your community type:
- Login to GovTEAMS.
- Select Manage this community icon from the community card then select Edit community (or)
- Select the community card then select Edit community from the pane.
- Change the community type.
As a member information that is listed on your account, except for your email address, can be viewed by other members. Community owners can see email addresses.
You can set your profile information to public or private view.
Guests are able to see information listed on a member's account, if they are within the same community.