You are here
Use GovTEAMS appropriately. GovTEAMS is a Commonwealth Government resource created for government employees and their invited external guests. Users should exercise good judgement when deciding whether to use GovTEAMS for a particular purpose. As a very general guide, users should ask themselves whether their intended action is one that a reasonable person would agree was a proper use of Commonwealth resources.
- Use GovTEAMS in accordance with the APS Code of Conduct. All Australian Public Service (APS) employees must abide by the APS Code of Conduct. All invited guests are expected to abide by the code.
- Use Microsoft Office 365 in accordance with Microsoft’s Acceptable Use Policy. GovTEAMS uses Microsoft’s Office 365 as its underlying technology platform. GovTEAMS users should understand and follow Microsoft’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Use GovTEAMS for private gain. GovTEAMS is a government resource intended for official use; however some limited personal use circumstances is allowed. Examples include reasonable and necessary telephone or email communication with family or social activities that promote collaboration and teamwork with other government employees.
- Create one GovTEAMS account. Keep your account information up to date and update your account’s email address if you move from one department to another.
- Keep your GovTEAMS profile up to date. GovTEAMS will provide you more relevant content if you keep your profile up to date, and it will help others in the system find and contact you.
- Keep your account active. Be an active GovTEAMS user by collaborating and contributing to communities that you are a member of.
- Explore and discover GovTEAMS. Join communities you are interested in and provide value to those communities through your input.
- Report misuse. Where you see misuse of the system or you have found a document with classification higher than Unclassified (DLM), report it to the system operators using the Report Misuse link in the GovTEAMS app.
- Keep your password secure at all times
- Be an active GovTEAMS contributor.
- Allow anyone to access your account.
- Participate in any illegal or fraudulent activity.
- Post or send offensive material.
- Do not use group mailbox email addresses when registering for GovTEAMS. You must use your own work email address.
- Create the appropriate type of community. Familiarise yourself with the three community types (Open, Closed, Hidden) and ensure you select the appropriate community for your needs and the date your community captures.
- Assist new members. Be prepared to provide support to new members that you invite to your community.
- Carefully consider who you invite to your community. Consider whether the Members or Guests need to know the information in your community.
- Create valuable communities to collaborate with others. Think about whether you need to create a new community or if you can use an existing community.
- Build your community to its full potential. Take the time to work on your community so you and the community Members get the most value out of collaborating.