Start a chat
You can start a chat with individuals and groups in Teams.
To start a chat:
- Click the pen icon at the top left to start a new chat.
- Start typing the name of the person you want to chat with. This will show a list of suggested people.
- Click on the name of the person you’re after.
- Start typing your message in the textbox at the bottom of the screen and click the send icon
- If you want to start a group conversation, repeat steps 2 and 3 before continuing with step 4.
Have fun with your messages!
Teams lets you have a little fun with your messages. Try sending an emoji, GIF or sticker!
- Click sticker under the textbox where you type your message.
- Pick a meme or sticker from one of the categories.
- You can also add an emoji or GIF using the buttons.
To get someone’s attention, type @, then their name (or pick them from the list that appears).
Type @team to message everyone in a team or @channel to notify everyone who favourited that channel.