7) Enter and confirm a new password.
Passwords must be 8 to 16 characters long and contain 3 of the following 4 criteria – uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special character. Your password cannot contain your username.
8) Click Finish.
9) Once you receive confirmation that your password has been reset, you can then continue to sign in with your new password.
Password reset for guest users
If you are a guest user, the GovTEAMS help desk can’t reset your password for you.
You will know that you’re a guest user if you do not have a GovTEAMS username that ends in @govteams.gov.au or @protected.govteams.gov.au. Instead, your username will generally be the email address that you registered with (or another user ID set by your organisation).
When registering as a guest, your GovTEAMS account will be linked to an existing Microsoft account (such as a work or university Microsoft account) or a new Microsoft account will be set up for you as part of the registration process.
Depending on your account provider, you may be able to use the self service password reset described above. After entering your username, check if the ‘Forgotten your password’ link appears below the password field and follow the prompts.
If the process above does not work you will need to contact your account provider.
- For work accounts, contact your internal IT area.
- For university accounts, contact your university IT area.
- For personal Microsoft accounts, contact Microsoft.
Password reset for inactive users
If your account is inactive (or ‘on hold’) and you have also forgotten your password, you will need to complete both steps below:
- Verify your account by confirming your email address – refer to the reconfirm your email address page for more information, including detailed steps for completing this process and;
- Complete the forgotten password process – follow the self-service password reset instructions above.