Reconfirming your email address
From time to time you will receive an email asking you to reconfirm your email address.
We’re just checking you still work for a government department by verifying you still have access to your nominated work email address. It's quick and easy to verify your GovTEAMS account. To do this:
- Find and open the email you receive from GovTEAMS requesting that you Verify your GovTEAMS account. If you can’t find this email you can:
- Try searching your government email inbox for an email from GovTEAMS, which contains a verification link. This email is system generated, and using the search term ‘GovTEAMS’ should result in finding it.
- Log in to the GovTEAMS dashboard with your username and password and follow the prompts in the notification banner or on the reactivate your account screen to resend your verification link.
- In the verification email, select Confirm email address OR copy and paste the link into the internet browser.
- GovTEAMS will launch in your internet browser. Select Click here to confirm your email address to finalise this process.
- Once you have successfully verified your account, you will be directed to log in and access the GovTEAMS dashboard.
Note: A new update will appear in the notification bell confirming ‘you have successfully verified your email address’.
What happens if I don't verify?
You will have 14 days to confirm your email address after receiving the initial email from GovTEAMS requesting you verify your account. After this time, your GovTEAMS account will be made inactive. This just means your account is on hold and you won’t be able to access the dashboard or any Office 365 apps until you complete the verification process.
Don't worry, you can reactivate at any time and can pick up right where left off. Your profile information and community memberships are still in the system.
What happens if I've moved organisations or my email has changed?
If you’ve moved organisations and no longer have access to the email address, you can update it before completing the verification process. To do this:
- Go to www.govteams.gov.au in your internet browser (recommended browsers are recent versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- On the GovTEAMS homepage select Log in, located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your GovTEAMS username (ending in @govteams.gov.au) and password. Follow the prompts to complete your multi-factor authentication.
- From the ‘let’s reactivate your account’ screen, select Has your email address changed?
- Change your email address as required and select Update.
- You’ll be sent an email to your new address. To finalise the change and verify your account, open the email and click the button to confirm your email address OR copy and paste the link into the internet browser.
For more information, please take a look at the guide: How to Verify your Account.