Before you start - make sure you have access to your work email and your mobile device. You'll need these to verify your details for registration.
GovTEAMS support will review and check that you have (at minimum) an active baseline clearance to access the system (or an agreement/arrangement in line with the PSPF and acceptable to the Department of Finance), this can take up to 5 business days to process.
Step 1: Confirm your email address
- Go to https://users-protected.govteams.gov.au/registration
- Enter your work email address, tick the box I’m not a robot, and complete the task assigned (such as ‘select all the images with…’)
- Select submit – a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you don’t receive the email, check your junk or spam folders.
- In the confirmation email, select confirm email address OR copy and paste the link into your internet browser.
Step 2: Set-up your account
- Enter your name and date of birth in the form and select submit.
Note: GovTEAMS support will review and check that you have (at minimum) an active baseline clearance to access the system (or an agreement/arrangement in line with the PSPF and acceptable to the Department of Finance. This may take up to 5 business days to action.
Step 3: Continue your registration
- You will receive an email once we have confirmed your security clearance. To complete the registration process, select continue your registration OR copy the link in the email into a web browser.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Make sure you read all the terms and conditions as they are important.
- Enter your details in the form, including the password and then select review.
Remember the password as you will need this to login.
- If the information is correct tick the box, I acknowledge that these details are correct and then select create account.
You will receive an email with your PROTECTED GovTEAMS username ending in @protected.govteams.gov.au (make sure you save this).
Step 4: Log in
- You should now be taken to the sign on page. If not, please visit https://users-protected.govteams.gov.au/
- Choose an option:
- If this is your first Microsoft account, please sign in using your new username – firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the password you used to create your account.
- If you have multiple Microsoft accounts, select use another account and then sign in using your new username – email@example.com and enter the password you used to create your account.
Forgot password? - Select forgot my password and complete the fields required.
- On the more information required screen select next to set-up multi-factor authentication.
Step 5: Complete the Microsoft multi-factor authentication (MFA) process
To complete your registration, you need to set up your multi-factor authentication (MFA) options. You’ll need a mobile/landline phone or the Microsoft Authenticator app on your device.
You will be asked to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. If you don't want to download the app, select I want to use a different method.
We recommend you set up multiple MFA options. For more information, such as how to set up, add, change and remove MFA options please visit the MFA page