How to send a meeting invitation
Meetings are one of the key ways to collaborate in GovTEAMS that include audio, video and screen sharing. Invite anyone to a meeting, including people who don’t have a GovTEAMS account. You and your meeting participants can dial-in by telephone – you don’t even need an internet connection.
Via the Teams App on GovTEAMS:
- Open the Teams app and log in, or launch Teams from your GovTEAMS dashboard.
- Click the calendar icon and select +new meeting (from a computer) or tap the +calendar icon (from a mobile).
- Complete the meeting details (title, attendees, date/time, etc.) Make sure you add your agency email address, so it shows in your work Outlook calendar.
- To add an attendee enter their name into the Required Attendees field.
- If the person is an existing GovTEAMS member, you will be able to select their name from a list of matching users.
- If the person is not found you can invite them as a guest by entering their full email address and selecting invite.
- Important: Only add a channel if you want every member of that channel to receive an invitation.
- Click send (from computer) or done (from a mobile).
- The meeting invitees will receive an email with the meeting and dial-in information. This will also show in their GovTEAMS calendar if they are registered in GovTEAMS.
Via the Outlook App in GovTEAMS:
- From the GovTEAMS dashboard click the waffle icon (top left corner of the page) and select Outlook.
- Outlook will open in a new tab, click on the calendar icon (at the bottom of the page)
- Make sure calendar under the heading my calendars is selected. Double click on the date of the meeting (then the meeting invite form will show).
- Invite attendees - type their name and select it or paste their email address. Make sure you add your agency email address, so it shows in your work Outlook calendar.
- Important: Click the drop-down menu add online meeting and select Teams meeting and then click save.
How to join a meeting
Teams meetings are best when you join them from the Teams app or Teams on the web, and there's a bunch of ways to do that—please visit Microsoft’s page for more details about joining by link, from your calendar, and more.
If you can't use the app or the web, use the audio conferencing feature and call in using a phone number.
To view audio conferencing details, open the meeting in your GovTEAMS calendar and it will appear under the heading or call in (audio only). Audio conferencing details will also appear in the meeting invitation email under the same heading.
To dial in using audio-conferencing:
- Using your telephone - call the phone number specified in your meeting invitation and enter the Phone conference ID.
- Stay on until it asks you to record your name and press # (make sure you record your name so people know who you are)