Common access issues
We have recently experienced a significant increase in GovTEAMS usage due to the volume of people opting to work from home. To help you out, we have put together solutions for common access issues. To help us out, please read this page before contacting us as you might find the answer you need here.
Trouble signing in
Error message - Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in
- Check your username - @govteams.gov.au
- Have you set up your multi-factor authentication? Make sure you set up an additional multi-factor authenticator - do not use your work phone
- Use the same password you used when signing up
- Have you already got a GovTEAMS account? Don't set up another one
- Check your work email, junk and spam folders for your activation email
- if you still can't find it, check with your IT area, your email may be trapped in a spam filter
- Unable to enter your information or buttons are greyed out? Try using a different browser like Chrome or Microsoft Edge
Are you being automatically logged out?
Error message - GovTEAMS is automatically logging you out
- This could be your internet browser. Try using a different browser like Chrome or Microsoft Edge